Q: What is Chuango Solar Charged Siren SPS-260?
A: Chuango Solar Charged Siren SPS-260 is a wireless strobe siren designed for outdoor use. You can add the outdoor siren to your Chuango WiFi Alarm OV-300/ LTE-400. The outdoor siren will deter intruders by sounding a piercing 110db siren and flashing red strobe LED light once the alarm is triggered.
The siren is battery-powered and constantly charged using solar panels. Waterproof IP55 protection makes it weather- and heat-resistant against harsh environmental conditions.
Q: How to pair Chuango Solar Charged Siren SPS-260 with WiFi Alarm OV-300/ LTE-400?
A: Unlike other wireless sensors/ detectors, wireless sirens such as WS-105/ WS-280/ SPS-260 will not be seen on the accessory list of the WiFi Alarm page in the DreamCatcher Life app. But they are still recommended to be connected to Chuango WiFi Alarm.
1. Press the learn button. The siren will beep once, indicating that it is now in pairing mode.
2. Tap on the “SOS” or “Arm” in the DreamCatcher Life app on your phone.
3. The siren and the hub are connected successfully after one beep.
Q: Where to install Chuango Solar Charged Siren SPS-260?
A: You can install Chuango Solar Charged Siren SPS-260 to the outside of the building in a position that is clearly visible and at a height that is relatively inaccessible to an intruder.
The outdoor siren is designed to work on any aspect wall, however for optimum performance try to avoid installing on a north-facing wall or to a wall with shadows cast by other buildings, trees, and roof overhangs.
For optimum signal, reception mounts the outdoor siren to a maximum distance of one meter from any external or internal metalwork (drainpipes, gutters, radiators, etc).
Q: How to install Chuango Solar Charged Siren SPS-260?
1. Press the Disarm button on the remote control 3 times within 5 seconds, the siren will go into installation mode after a long beep is heard. Any Sensor or tamper triggered in installation mode will not result in siren hooting but 3 beeps will be heard instead. Installation mode lasts for about 10 minutes.
* Note: Alternatively, you can also press the tamper switch 7 times to enter an installation mode.
2. Remove the fixing screw from the bottom edge of the Siren housing and carefully remove the front cover.
3. Hold the mounting plate in position and mark the positions of the four mounting holes. There is a spirit level inside the case to help ensure that the siren is level.
4. Drill four holes in the wall and insert the wall plugs. Insert the screws through the backplate holes and screw them into the plugs.
5. Hinge the front cover locating tabs over the top edge of the backplate and carefully push the base of the siren cover into place. Secure the siren cover in place by refitting the fixing screw in the bottom edge of the cover.
6. The siren will automatically exit from installation mode when no operation is carried out within 10 minutes. Otherwise, press the Arm button on the remote control to exit installation mode.
Q: How to silence the siren for Chuango Solar Charged Siren SPS-260?
A: You could press the “Disarm” button on the remote control or tap the “Disarm” button in the DreamCatcher Life app on the phone. The siren will be stopped in a few seconds.